About the Doctor
Dr. Ahmad al Shafei is a consultant psychiatrist with more than 20 years of experience in psychiatry. He has great expertise in the diagnosis and management of different psychiatric disorders including depression, panic disorder, obsessive compulsive disorder as well as, sexual and sleep disorders, schizophrenia. Adding to that, he developed an educational program to improve the knowledge and attitude of families towards patients with schizophrenia. Dr. Al Shafei has special interest in cognitive behavior therapy, anxiety disorders and personality disorders. He has vast years of experience in the management of work related stress as well as couples and martial counselling.
Dr. Al Shafei has published research articles in many regional and international journals and has been recognized as an eminent speaker in many national and international scientific conferences.
- Master Degree in Psychiatry, Faculty of Medicine, Ain Shams University, Egypt
- Diploma in Psychiatric Practice, Kings College, London,
- Doctorate Degree in Psychiatry, Faculty of Medicine, Ain Shams University, Egypt
Specializing InAcute and Chronic mental Illnesses ADD / ADHD / Hyperactive Addiction / Substance Abuse Alzheimer's Disease Analytical Therapy / Psychoanalysis
Dubai Community Health Center
Licenses / Permits
- Dubai Health Authority
Awards & Publications
- He was awarded by the WPA for his outstanding work with patients with chronic mental illness in 2005.
- Egyptian Psychiatric Association