About the Doctor
Dr. Alia Ammar is a well qualified Neuropsychologist, She earned her Bachelor degree in Clinical Psychology from the University of Illinois, Chicago. Followed by her master degree in Clinical Psychology. In 2003 she gained her PhD in Clinical Psychology from Loyola University, Chicago, Dr. Ammar also completed her fellowship at the University of Illinois College of Medicine in the Center for Cognitive Medicine. In addition to that, she is a member of the International Neuropsychological Society and National Academy of Neuropsychology.
For the past 11 years, Dr. Ammar has worked as a clinical neuropsychologist and researcher in the USA, primarily in the Chicago region. She has also conducted research exploring the effects of traumatic experiences on the cognition and psychological well-being of adolescents, substance abusers, and survivors of electrical injury. The findings of her research have been presented at international conferences and have recently been adapted for use in continuing education programs. She currently works as an Assistant Professor in the Department of Psychiatry at the University of Illinois College of Medicine.
Dr. Ammar is a specialist in the conducts of neuropsychological evaluations for a range of neurocognitive and neuropsychiatric disorders, ranging from ADHD, epilepsy, multiple sclerosis, post-concussive syndrome and the spectrum of neurodegenerative diseases, like dementia. She also has experience in clinical and forensic neuropsychological assessment of adult and geriatric patients with traumatic brain injury, electrical injury, dementia, psychiatric illness, and neurobehavioral complications related to medical illness.
- PhD, Clinical Psychology, Loyola University,
- Master in Clinical Psychology, Loyola University,
- Bachelor in Clinical Psychology, University of Illinois,
Specializing InADD / ADHD / Hyperactive Addiction / Substance Abuse Adolescent / Teen Issues Alzheimer's Disease Analytical Therapy / Psychoanalysis
American Center for Psychiatry and Neurology - Abu Dhabi
- Abu Dhabi National Insurance (ADNIC)
- Al Buhaira National Insurance
- Al Khazna Insurance Read More
- Almadallah Healthcare Management
- AXA Insurance - Gulf
- Daman, National Health Insurance
- NAS (Administrator)
- NextCare (Administrator)
- Oman Insurance
Licenses / Permits
- Abu Dhabi Health Authority
- Fellowship in Clinical Neuropsychology, University of Illinois College of Medicine, Center for Cognitive Medicine
- International Neuropsychological Society
- National Academy of Neuropsychology