About the Doctor
Dr. Harold Vanderschmidt completed his medical degree from the Freie University Berlin and the University of Freiburg in Germany. He did his residency in general surgery, trauma surgery and orthopedic surgery at the Staedtischen Kliniken Villingen and taught in nursing schools at the hospitals of Villingen-Schwenningen, Germany.
Dr. Vanderschmidt joined the Helios Polhem Breisach Hospitals in Germany as a consultant and gained extensive experience in arthroscopy surgery and joint replacement surgery for shoulder, hip, knee and ankle. Moreover, he conducted many successful arthroscopic operations.
During his post-doctoral training in Europe and the USA, Dr. Vanderschmidt received extensive experience in sports injuries, trauma surgery and minimally-invasive surgical techniques. In addition, he earned the title of "The Teacher of Arthroscopy Surgery” from the Society of Arthroscopy and Joint Surgery for German-speakers.
Dr. Vanrdershmidt’s areas of interest include diagnosis and management of orthopedic diseases and injuries, arthroscopic surgery, reconstruction of shoulder instability, joint replacement surgery, trauma surgery, sports trauma and cartilage repair.
Prior to joining Burjeel Hospital Dubai for Advanced Surgery, Dr. Vanderschmidt worked as a specialist orthopedic surgeon and was appointed as Chief of the Orthopedics Department at the American Hospital Dubai.
- Medical Degree, University of Freiburg, Germany
- Medical Degree, Freie University Berlin, Germany
- Diagnosis and management of orthopedic diseases and injuries
- Arthroscopic surgery of shoulder, elbow, knee, ankle and foot
- Highly specialized in ACL reconstructions, revision ACL (Anterior Cruciate Ligamentsurgery), and cartilage repair
- Rotator Cuff Repair, reconstruction of shoulder instability
- Joint replacement surgery shoulder, hip, knee and ankle
- Trauma surgery
Burjeel Hospital for Advanced Surgery
- Abu Dhabi National Insurance (ADNIC)
- Al Buhaira National Insurance
- Al Dhafra Insurance Read More
- Al Khazna Insurance
- AXA Insurance - Gulf
- Best Doctors
- BUPA Arabia
- Daman, National Health Insurance
- Dubai Insurance
- Gulf Agency Company
- Henner (TPA)
- International SOS
- Iris Health Services
- JC MacDermott
- Mobilie Saint Honore (MSH)
- NextCare (Administrator)
- Now Health International
- Vidal Health (TPA)
- Whealth International
Licenses / Permits
- Dubai Health Authority (DHA)
- Member Deutschen Gesellschaft für Arthroskopie (AGA)
- AO Trauma Member (Silver Status)
- Member International Cartilage Repair Society
- Member International Society of Arthroscopy, Knee Surgery and Orthopaedic Sports Medicine (ISAKOS)
- Member European Society for Knee Surgery and Arthroscopic Surgery (ESSKA)