About the Doctor
Prof. Junaid Hassim is a consultant clinical psychologist with great years of clinical experience in psychology. He received both his Master Degree in Clinical Psychology and his PhD in Psychology from the University of Pretoria, South Africa. In Addition, he gained his experience working in several hospitals and universities in South Africa and the United Arab Emirates including Weskoppies Psychiatric Hospital as a senior consultant and at the University of Pretoria at the school of Medicine's Department of Psychiatry as a lecturer and researcher.
Prof. Hassim researches have been presented in international conferences and published in academic journals. He was the co-founder of the department's culture and mental health research stream.
Prof. Hassim treats various psychiatric illnesses conditions including behavioral disorders, bipolar disorders, borderline personality disorder, neuro-cognitive disorders, pervasive developmental disorders and schizophrenia. He uses many treatment approaches including diagnostic evaluation, psycho-diagnostic, cognitive assessment therapy, psychotherapy and adjustment skills training.
- Bachelor in Psychology, University of South Africa, South Africa
- Masters Degree in Clinical Psychology, University of Pretoria, South Africa
- PhD in Psychology, University of Pretoria, South Africa
Specializing InADD / ADHD / Hyperactive Analytical Therapy / Psychoanalysis Anger Management Anxiety Anxiety, Depression
American Center for Psychiatry and Neurology - Abu Dhabi
- Abu Dhabi National Insurance (ADNIC)
- Al Buhaira National Insurance
- Al Khazna Insurance Read More
- Almadallah Healthcare Management
- AXA Insurance - Gulf
- Daman, National Health Insurance
- NAS (Administrator)
- NextCare (Administrator)
- Oman Insurance
Licenses / Permits
- Health Authority of Abu Dhabi
- Health Professions Council of South Africa
- Board of Healthcare Funders
- Golden Key International Honour Society