About the Doctor
Dr. Majid Bassuni is a British consultant laparoscopic colorectal and bariatric surgeon. He brings with him 20 years of practice as a consultant surgeon in the UK where he worked for the NHS as a senior lecturer in surgery (equivalent to associate professor) in Sheffield University, UK.
Dr. Bassuni was the lead clinician for colorectal cancer in a large teaching hospital and the vice chair of colorectal cancer network in North Trent Region from 2000 to 2011.
He recieved his training in the UK, from University Hospital of Wales, and other highly specialized centers in England, such as St. Mark’s hospital, Birmingham Heartland teaching hospital and University of Strasburg, France and Purjia University, Italy. His training focused on colorectal, bariatric, emergency and laparoscopic surgery.
Dr. Bassuni’s scope of work includes treatment and assessment of colorectal diseases including piles, hemorrhoids, anal fissures, fistula and faecal incontinence. He is also experienced in various upper gastrointestinal endoscopic procedures for treatment of bleeding ulcers, varices, polyps and insertion of stents for benign and malignant conditions. Moreover, he offers diagnostic and therapeutic lower gastrointestinal endoscopy (colonoscopy) including cancer screening, removal of intestinal polyps and dilatation of benign and malignant strictures.
Adding to that, Dr. Bassuni performs major surgical operations such as gall bladder surgery, hernia surgery, abdominal surgeries (small bowel, gastric, duodenal ulcers) and laparoscopic surgery for obesity and metabolic disorders (sleeve gastrectomy, gastric bypass and mini-gastric bypass).
Besides his extensive clinical experience , Dr. Bassuni is the original author of more than 30 articles published in peer-reviewed journals. He is regularly invited as a guest speaker in many international conferences in the field of general, laparoscopic and colorectal surgery. Dr. Bassuni is also an examiner for the 4 Royal Colleges of Surgeons (England, Ireland, Edinburgh and Glasgow)
Dr. Bassuni has established a very active Enhanced Recovery after Surgery Programme in Trent Region, UK and co-founded the Middle East Enhanced Recovery after Surgery Society in UAE. His interest in surgical training and teaching is demonstrated in setting up regular workshops and training courses in the field of laparoscopic colorectal surgery and pelvic floor disorders.
Dr. Bassuni is an accredited trainer in diagnostic and therapeutic colonoscopy for colorectal cancer screening by Joint Committee of Gastroenterology, Great Britain.
- Post Graduate Certification in Medical Law, Glasgow University, Scotland, United Kingdom
- Fellowship of, the Intercollegiate Board of Royal Colleges of Surgeons, United Kingdom Read More
- Fellowship of, The Royal College of Surgeons, Ireland
- Masters in Surgery, Alexandria University, Egypt
- Bachelors of Medicine and Surgery, Alexandria University, Egypt
Specializing InAbdominal Pain Acronyx Surgery Advanced colonoscopy Anal fissure Anal fistula
Well Care Medical Center
Licenses / Permits
- General Medical Council, UK
- Health Authority of Abu Dhabi
- Association of Coloproctology of Great Britain and Ireland
- Association of Surgeons of Great Britain and Ireland
- European Association of Laparoendoscoic Surgeons
- Egyptian Society of Surgery
- Egyptian Group of Colon and Rectal Surgeons
- Medical Defence Union- UK
- British Medical Association
- Pan Arab Enhanced Recovery after Surgery Society