About the Doctor
Dr Faniran has a special interest in child behavior and development, child mental health, child protection and child public health. She completed advanced training as a developmental paediatrician. Dr Faniran was the Clinical Director at the Royal Far West Children’s Health Scheme, Sydney Australia, before moving to Dubai in August 2008 to join her husband. Royal Far West is a non-governmental organization that provides health care for over 3,500 children from remote and rural NSW annually. Majority of patients present with behavior problems, autism, developmental delay, learning difficulties and chronic health problems. As the Clinical Director, Dr Faniran was also responsible for the development and implementation of a number of special initiatives including a literacy program for indigenous children and a residential healthy eating and activities program to combat overweight and obesity.
- MBBS, University of Ilorin, Nigeria
- PhD in Medicine, University of Sydney, Australia
- Paediatric training at the, Sydney Children’s Hospital and Children’s Hospital at Westmead, Australia
Specializing InAutism Spectrum Disorders Behavioral Problems Chronic Health Problems Developmental Delay Learning Difficulties Read More Less
Child Learning and Enrichment Medical Center
Licenses / Permits
- Dubai Health Authority (DHA)
Awards & Publications
- Refereed academic papers in leading international journals such as Archives of disease in Childhood, Chest, Thorax, European Respiratory Journal and Journal of Paediatrics and Child Health.
- Dr Faniran has also presented several conference papers in child health and was an invited speaker at the Royal Australasian College of Physicians congress.
- Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Physicians (Paediatrics and Child Health) FRACP