About the Doctor
Dr. Ahmed Elshafei is a consultant psychiatrist with more than 20 years of experience in his field. He has distinguished expertise in the diagnosis and management of different psychiatric disorders such as depression, panic disorders, obsessive compulsive disorders, as well as, sexual & sleep disorders and schizophrenia. Adding to that, he developed an educational program to improve the knowledge and attitude of families towards patients with schizophrenia. Dr. Elshafei has a special interest in cognitive behavior therapy, anxiety disorders and personality disorders. He has immense years of experience in the management of work related stress, couples and martial counseling.
Dr. Elshafei has published research articles in many regional and international journals and has been recognized as an eminent speaker in many national and international scientific conferences.
- Master Degree in Psychiatry, Faculty of Medicine, Ain Shams University, Egypt
- Diploma in Psychiatric Practice, Kings College, London, United Kingdom
- Doctorate Degree in Psychiatry, Faculty of Medicine, Ain Shams University, Egypt
Specializing InAutism Alzheimer's Disease Panic Disorder Phobias Autistic Spectrum Disorder
Licenses / Permits
- Dubai Health Authority
Awards & Publications
- He was awarded by the WPA for his outstanding work with patients with chronic mental illness in 2005.
- Egyptian Psychiatric Association