About the Doctor
Dr. Amjad Al Taki was born in Amman-Jordan, received his DDS degree from the University of Jordan in 1999, and finished his PhD degree in orthodontics and dentofacial orthopedics from Marmara University-Turkey in 2003. Dr. Al Taki has worked as a Research Assistant/Demonstrator at the Department of Orthodontics, Marmara University, and involved in the orthopedic treatment of Skeletal Class III malocclusions in growing patients.. Dr. Al Taki has joined Ajman University of Science and Technology from August 2004-present, as the head of orthodontic department, full time Associate Professor, lecturing and clinical training of undergraduate students. He has published many original articles in the field of orthodontics at different scientific journals, including Angle Orthodontist, Turkish Journal of Orthodontics, journal of College of Physicians and Surgeons, and Smile Dental Journal. Dr. Al Taki is an international reviewer for the journal of the Indian Orthodontic Society.
- DDS - Doctor in Dental Surgery, The University of Jordsan 1999, Jordan
- PhD in Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics 2003, Marmara University, Turkey
Specializing InDental Jewelry Wisdom Tooth Problem Root Canal Retainer Installation Orthodontic Consultation
Smile Spa Dental Clinic
Licenses / Permits
- Dubai Health Authority (DHA)
Awards & Publications
- Awarded the best scientific research entitled (Pharyngeal airways changes following functional appliance therapy) from Ajman University in 2012
- Awarded the best scientific research entitled (newly modified orthodontic protractor) from Ajman University in 2009
- • Amjad Al Taki, Toros Alcan, Korkmaz Sayınsu. Cephalometric Evaluation of the Modified Maxillary Protraction Face Mask. 9th International Congress of the Turkish Orthodontic Society, Oral Presentation October 3-6,2004. Antalya-Turkey
- • Amjad Al Taki, Toros Alcan, Korkmaz Sayınsu. Cephalometric Evaluation of the Modified Maxillary Protraction Face Mask. 78th European Orthodontic Society Congress, Poster Presentation June, 2003 Prague
- • Amjad Al Taki, Eyas Abuhijleh, Lina Al-Shafei. Soft Tissue Profile Values in Palestinian Adults. Smile Dental Journal, Vol 8, Issue 1, December 2013
- • Amjad Al Taki, Fatma Taspinar, Eyas Abuhijleh. Facial Soft Tissue Values in Persian Adults with Normal Occlusion and Well-balanced Faces. Angle Orthodontist. 2009; 79: 33-36.
- • Amjad Al Taki, Safeyah Al Awadhi. Comparative Evaluations between Cervical Vertebrae and Hand-Wrist in Skeletal Maturity. Pakistan Orthodontic Journal. June, 2011.
- • Eyas Abuhijleh, Amjad Al Taki, Ufuk Toygar, Ayça Arman Özçirpici, Mariam Nmari. Comparison of Skeletal and Dentoalveolar Effects of Chincup & Chincup + Bite Plate Therapies. Smile Dental Journal, Vol 5, Issue 2, June 2010
- • Haroon S. Qazi, Amjad Al Taki. Modified Maxillary Protraction Headgear used for the correction of Class III skeletal malocclusion with anterior open bite. Journal of College of Physicians and Surgeons, 2005, Vol. 15 (12): 823-825.
- American Association of Orthodontists
- World Federation of Orthodontists
- Jordanian Orthodontic Society
- Jordanian Dental Association