About the Doctor
Dr. Bassel Darwish has extensive experience in rheumatic diseases "rheumatism or arthritis" gained from his work in United States of America, Dubai, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, and Syria. He completed his Internal Medicine specialization at Wayne State University/Detroit Medical Center followed by Fellowship in Rheumatology at the University of Wisconsin, considered one of the top universities in USA.
He holds active certification from the American Board of Internal Medicine in the specialty of rheumatology, in addition to active certification in internal medicine. Dr. Darwish has an active permanent license to practice in the State of Wisconsin, USA and is a fellow member of the American College of Rheumatology.
Dr. Darwish has extensive experience in treating inflammatory joint diseases in adults, such as rheumatoid arthritis, spondyloarthritis (ankylosing spondylitis and arthritis associated with inflammatory bowel disease), as well as, other autoimmune connective tissue diseases like SLE (Systemic Lupus Erythematosus), Sjogren's syndrome, scleroderma, polymyositis & dermatomyositis, and crystal induced arthritis such as gout (arthritis associated with high uric acid).
He is also experienced in treating inflammatory joint diseases in children, including juvenile rheumatoid (idiopathic) arthritis, childhood onset ankylosing spondylitis and lupus.
Dr. Darwish has special interest in preventing and treating osteoporosis and vitamin D deficiency which is reaching an epidemic dimension in our time.
Dr. Darwish aims to provide evidence based, ethical, and high quality care but at the same time he strives to do that in the most efficient and cost effective manner. His goal is to deliver care to the largest segment of patients who need it regardless of their socioeconomic status.
- Fellowship in Rheumatology, University of Wisconsin, United States
- Internal Medicine specialization, Wayne State University/Detroit Medical Center, United States
- Bachelor of Medicine, Damascus University, Syria
Specializing InOsteoporosis Chronic Knee Pain Rheumatoid Arthritis Arthritis Familial Mediterranean fever (FMF)
Health Call Clinic
- NextCare (Administrator)
- MetLife ALICO
- NAS (Administrator)
- Neuron (Administrator) Read More
- National General Insurance
- Daman, National Health Insurance
- Oman Insurance
- Arab Orient Allianz Worldwide
- AXA Insurance - Gulf
- Almadallah Healthcare Management
- Abu Dhabi National Insurance (ADNIC)
- Mobilie Saint Honore (MSH)
- Now Health International
- Al Buhaira National Insurance
- Al Khazna Insurance
- Vidal Health (TPA)
- Whealth International
Licenses / Permits
- Medical License, State of Wisconsin, USA
- Dubai Health Care City
- Dubai Health Authority (DHA)
- American Board of Internal Medicine - Rheumatology
- American College of Rheumatology