About the Doctor
Professor Dr. Hanan Hussein is a consultant psychiatrist , she earned her Medical Degree in Psychiatry from Faculty of Medicine, Ain Shams University, Egypt. Also she holds a conjoined Diploma of Psychiatric Practice from King’s College, London, United Kingdom with Faculty of Medicine, Ain Shams University, Egypt.
Dr. Hussien has a long and wide experience in both government and private settings. She is especially interested in child and adolescent psychiatry and she is is trained to treat ADHD, Autism, Tic Disorder, Childhood depression, anxiety and obsessive compulsive and eating disorders. She also provides treatment to adult conditions including depression, anxiety disorders, panic disorder, obsessive compulsive disorder and bipolar mood disorders, eating disorders and psychotic disorders.
In Addition, Dr. Hussien is specialized in women's mental health and hormone related psychiatric manifestations and management of females with psychiatric disorders during pregnancy and lactation.Dr. Hussein has published over 20 scientific papers in regional and international journals, and wrote a chapter on autism titled "Autism Spectrum Disorders in Developing Countries," and has participated in a number of international scientific conferences.
- Medical Degree in Psychiatry, Faculty of Medicine, Ain Shams University, Egypt
- Diploma in psychiatric practice (DPP), King's college, London, United Kingdom & Ain Shams University, (conjoined), Egypt
psychiatristAcute and Chronic mental Illnesses ADD / ADHD / Hyperactive Anger Management Anxiety Autism
Novomed Integrative Medicine
Licenses / Permits
- Dubai Health Authority DHA
Awards & Publications
- Dr. Hanan has coauthored “Autism in Arab Countries” in “Comprehensive Textbook of Autism” published on Springer References.
- Professor hanan was awarded for her outstanding work with families of patients with chronic mental illnesses from the world psychiatric association (WPA)in 2005