About the Doctor
After completing his Bachelors in Medicine from South Africa, Dr. Irshaad Ebrahim did a research fellowship in Canada. Then received training in Psychiatry from University College, London and Guy’s King’s and St. Thomas’ Hospitals. Dr. Ebrahim holds postgraduate certifications in family therapy, neuropharmacology and neuropsychiatry of sleep and memory disorders.
Dr. Ebrahim’s special interests as a specialist neuropsychiatrist and sleep specialist include treatment of insomnia, parasomnias (abnormal behavior during sleep), narcolepsy and memory disorders. He established the London Sleep Centre in the UK, the Edinburgh Sleep Centre in Scotland and has practices in South Africa. Dr. Ebrahim has continuously participated in academic research for new treatments for insomnia, depression and anxiety disorders.
- Membership of the Royal College of Psychiatrists, Psychiatry Residency Program, Kings College London, United Kingdom
- Membership of the Royal College of Psychiatrists in Neuroscience, University College London, United Kingdom
- Bachelors of Medicine and Surgery, Nelson R. Mandela School of Medicine, South Africa
Poor Sleep Generally Unwanted Behaviors during Sleep Restless Legs
Excessive Daytime Sleepiness Snoring Sleep Apnea Sleep walking Sleep center Read More Less
The London Sleep Centre - Dubai
Licenses / Permits
- Dubai Healthcare City
- British Sleep Society
- American Academy of Sleep Medicine
- British Neuropsychiatry Association
- Royal Society of Medicine, Section on Sleep Medicine