About the Doctor
Dr. Khaled Sharif is an internationally renowned Eye Surgeon who is the Founder and Medical Director of Sharif Eye Centers Medical Group Inc.; a professional corporation dedicated to providing world-class laser vision correction procedures, as well as, comprehensive multi-subspecialty eye care in various cities in the Middle East.
Dr. Khaled completed his residency and fellowship training in Great Britain, where he worked as an eye surgeon for ten years. He was the first eye surgeon to perform lasik procedures in his country (Jordan), and was also a pioneer in introducing implantable contact lens surgery, laser cataract surgery and lately the first Ultralasik procedures.
Dr. Khaled published a prize winning textbook on Corneal Diseases in Great Britain, as well as, more than one hundred papers and presentations in european and american medical journals.
Dr. Khaled has been invited to many countries to give training courses on eye laser surgery (prk, lasik, & Intralasik) to eye surgeons and medical doctors. A few years ago, he was also invited as a visiting Professor at New York University Medical School and the New York Eye and Ear Infirmary where he gave lectures.
- Fellowship Degree, The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons in Glasgow, United Kingdom
- Fellowship Degree, the Royal College of Ophthalmologists in London., United Kingdom
Specializing InEye Dryness Red Eyes Conjunctivitis (Pink Eye) Squint & Pediatric Ophthalmology Mono Vision
Sharif Eye Centers
- Daman, National Health Insurance
- Abu Dhabi National Insurance (ADNIC)
- Al Khazna Insurance Read More
- Arab Orient Insurance
Licenses / Permits
- Dubai Healthcare City
Awards & Publications
- Nominated for Entrepreneur of the Year Award (Ernst and Young - 2012).
- GLAXO Prize for the “Best Medical Atlas” published in Britain by the Society of British Authors.
- Winner of Ophthalmology Diagnosis Competition (UK).
- CASEY, TA. and SHARIF, K.W. Atlas of Corneal Dystrophies and Degenerations. Wolfe Medical Publications Ltd., London, Mosby Year Book Inc., U.S.A. Nominated for the (GLAXO MEDICAL PRIZE) by the Society of British Authors.
- SHARIF, K.W., DOIG, M., KINSELLA, F. Visual Impairment in Juvenile Paget's Disease with Pseudo-Xanthoma Elsaticu Journal of Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus, USA.
- SHARIF, K.W. and CASEY, TA Penetrating Keratoplasti for Keratoconus; complications and long term success British Journal of Ophthalmology, 75, 142-146.
- SHARIF, K.W., McGee, C.N.I., TOMLINSON, R. C. K. Ocular Trauma caused by Airgun Pellets; ten year survey
- SHARIF, K.W., ARAFAT, A. WYKES, W The Treatment of Recurrent Tirchiasis with Argon Laser Photocoagulation EYE, 5, 591 - 595.
- SHARIF, K.W. Ocular Infections during Infancy and Childhood - Jordanian Pediatric Bulletin, vol.3, 3-6.
- SHARIF, K.W. and CASEY, TA. HOE, W Penetrating Keratoplasty for Bilateral Acute Corneal Calcification Cornea – USA.
- Member of the American Academy of Ophthalmology - San Francisco.
- Member of the International Society of Refractive Surgery
- Member of the Examining Board for the Fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons (FRCS) in Glasgow
- Member of the Editorial Board for the Middle East Journal of Ophthalmology