About the Doctor
Dr. Medhat Abu-Shaaban is a consultant in Pediatrics and Medical Director at myPediaclinic, located in Dubai Healthcare City, UAE.
He was chosen by AHLAN Magazine as one of the most HOT 100 influential people of 2015 in the UAE. myPediaclinic was also nominated as the Best Clinic in Dubai (2015) by Mother, Baby & Child magazine. He has appeared on various TV networks across the Middle East, including regular appearances on MBC and Roya TV.
Dr. Abu-Shaaban is a member of the American Board of Pediatrics and a Fellow of the American Academy of Pediatrics, with 20 years of experience in the US. He finished his Residency in Pediatrics at the University of Maryland Hospital, USA.
Dr. Abu-Shaaban received both the “Best Pediatrician Award” and the "Most Recommended Pediatrician Award" from Baltimore Magazine (1993) as well as the "Best Pediatrician Award" by Towson Times Magazine (1996).
After a successful career in the US, he has decided to move his private practice to Amman, Jordan, where he spent another 12 years establishing one of the most successful pediatric practices in the country and was featured extensively in the Jordanian press for his contributions.
- General Intership, Ain Shams University Hospital, Cairo, Egypt
- Pediatric Residency, University of Maryland Hospital, Baltimore Maryland, United States Read More
- Pediatric Internship, Mercy Medical Center, Baltimore Maryland, United States
- Medical School, Ain Shams Medical School, Cairo, Egypt
- Routine check up and vaccinations for children from birth to 16 year-old of age
- Treating all children illnesses
- Allergic Conditions (allergic cough, nasal allergy & eczema)
- Respiratory Illnesses
- All skin disorders and conditions, using the latest advanced equipments for skin surgery (tongue tie, lip tie, warts, skin tags, molluscums etc...)
- Computerized vision screening for newborns, infants and children, accurately in seconds
- Public Awareness Programs and Parent Education
- NextCare (Administrator)
- Al Khazna Insurance Read More
- Dubai Care
- Neuron (Administrator)
- Daman, National Health Insurance
- AXA Insurance - Gulf
- MetLife ALICO
- Abu Dhabi National Insurance (ADNIC)
- NAS (Administrator)
- Now Health International
- Oman Insurance
- HTH Worldwide
Licenses / Permits
- Dubai Healthcare City (DHCC)
- American Board Certified in Pediatrics
- Fellow of the American Academy of Pediatrics
- Faculty Associate, Johns Hopkins University Member, Baltimore, Maryland
- St. Joseph Medical Center Foundation Board of Directors - Towson, Maryland (1999-2001)
- President, American Academy of Medical Aesthetics - Middle East