About the Doctor
Dr. Nadia Ahmad is an American board-certified Harvard-trained specialist in Obesity Medicine. Obesity Medicine is a new medical specialty in the United States based on the science of weight regulation. As an Obesity Medicine specialist, Dr. Nadia helps people achieve and maintain a healthy weight using a range of evidence-based therapies including lifestyle, medications and surgery when needed.
Dr. Nadia was born and raised in the United States where she received her medical degree from the New York University School of Medicine. She completed her residency in Internal Medicine at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania. She went on to become one of the first fellows of the Obesity Medicine and Nutrition Fellowship Program at the Massachusetts General Hospital / Harvard Medical School.
After completing a 4-year clinical and research fellowship in Obesity Medicine and a Masters in Public Health from the Harvard School of Public Health, Dr. Nadia stayed on at Harvard as faculty for two years. Then, she relocated to the UAE and founded the Obesity Medicine Institute in Dubai. Over just a few years, she has established herself as an obesity expert in the Middle East. She works closely with governments and industries to help create effective anti-obesity strategies. She is also an international speaker and educator.
Most importantly, Dr. Nadia is a knowledgeable and dedicated provider, passionate about her field and compassionate with her patients.
She aims to get rid of the myths and mystery surrounding weight loss and provide her patients with realistic, individually tailored, evidence-based solutions that work
- Internal Medicine Residency, Hospital of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, United States
- Masters in Public Health (MPH), Harvard School of Public Health, United States Read More
- Clinical and Research Fellow, Obesity Medicine and Nutrition, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, United States
- Doctor of Medicine (MD), New York University School of Medicine, United States
- General Obesity
- Genetic Obesity
- Medication-induced Weight Gain
- Weight Regain after Bariatric Surgery
- Post-partum Weight Retention
- Menopause-related Weight Gain
Omnicare Medical Center
Licenses / Permits
- Dubai Health Authority
Awards & Publications
- It is time for obesity medicine. Ahmad NN Kaplan LM ; Virtual Mentor . 2010 .
- The cutting edge in diabetes treatment--is weight-loss surgery an effective therapeutic strategy? Kaplan LM Ahmad NN ; Nat Clin Pract Endocrinol Metab . 2008 Aug .
- Valentine Mott Medal in Cell Biology 2003
- Fred S. Mandelbaum Award in Pathology 2003
- Alpha Omega Alpha Award 2003
- American Board of Obesity Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- Member American College of Physicians - ACP
- Member American Medical Association - AMA